Thursday, March 8, 2012

Work: Folio Shoot

A few days ago, I was contacted by my friend, Chinx Nunag, to do the makeup for her friend, Jeruel's, portfolio shoot. Since I didn't have anything to do and always enjoy the atmosphere of a shoot, no matter how simple or elaborate, I instantly agreed.

The peg was a dark smokey eye to accompany an androgynous wardrobe. Accompanied by the brilliant stylist and men's wear designer, Enzo Montano, we arrived at The Bulb Studios in Pasong Tamo at 1:00 in the afternoon.


Since Jeruel wanted all of the photos to be in black and white, I concentrated on contouring for Mafia's makeup. After applying a primer and foundation, I used a dark brown pigment to enhance Mafia's cheekbones and temples. I also used the same pigment to go around her jaw and contour her nose. To match the theme of androgyny, I used an angled brush and brow powder to shape her brow. By decreasing the arch of the eyebrow, it gives Mafia a more masculine appearance. 

For Mafia's eyes, I used  some gel liner and then smudged that all over the lid. I then went over it with a very dark shadow, took some of it under the eye as well, and then blended outwards while slowly building on the color. I left Mafia's lips alone in terms of color, but I did give them a nice coating of clear gloss. 

I don't have access to all of the photos yet, in fact the photo you see above was edited by Enzo, so when Jeruel releases them, I'll be sure to post them all on here.

Model: Mafia
Photographer: Jeruel Pingol
Hair: Adam Seth Teh
Styling: Enzo Montano
Makeup: Meg Mendoza

PS.


It hasn't been long since I started this blog so it kind of blows my mind that the blog has been viewed by 300 Filipinos, 190 Americans, 6 Russians, 1 Spaniard, 1 German and 1 Slovakian (is that the right way to say it?). Thank you so much for those that have taken the time to read and even more so to those that continue to check the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment